Sunday, June 30, 2013

Careful the Things You Say! Your Digital Legacy


Please play the beautiful Bernadette Peters while you read!
 
se
I WANT TO WRITE A BLOG.
Express myself creatively. Share it on facebook and Twitter.

My dilemma?
I'm an INTROVERT.  As a child and teenager I was painfully shy but.... I could perform in front of a packed theater.  I expressed myself through singing and musical theater.

As an adult I've strayed very far from that lifestyle. Now, as an adult the venues to express myself are endless and the need for this outlet more intense. (The responsibility of raising three boys to the best of your ability will do that to you.)

My dilemma...well.... I'm an introvert AND everything I write will my digital legacy FOREVER!
The pressure!!!!! Yet, the need to create outweighs the fear.

It is my legacy. Everything I post or comment about  my legacy is for for family.
Many years ago before Facebook, Twitter, Reality shows... Stephen Sondheim said it best:

Careful the things you say,
Children will listen.
Careful the things you do,
Children will see.
And learn.

Children may not obey,
But children will listen.
Children will look to you
For which way to turn,
To learn what to be.

Careful before you say,
"Listen to me."
Children will listen



Words and music that have more meaning today than ever!

Yes. Children will listen. We as a society need to take better care of how we present ourselves to the world. So, be careful the things you post, the things you like...100 years from now your great-grandchildren may be searching for what their legacy is. My question is: Will they like what they see?

No comments:

Post a Comment